Watching German Movies for Culture Credit
Below are links to suggestions of popular German language films. Please get a permission slip for rated-R movies. These films can be watched for 15 points Culture Credit:
- Check to see if your movie is acceptable with Frau and your parents. German films are often rated R and may not be appropriate for all students. YOU MUST INCLUDE A SIGNED NOTE (or email) OF PERMISSION from your parent/guardian if you watched a rated R film. There is a list of recommended movies on Frau’s website.
- Watch the film in German with English subtitles.
- Write a hand-written report about the movie you watched:
- Include: The name of the film, the year it was released, the length of the film, the name and nationality of the director, where it was filmed, name and nationality of at least two principal actors in the film. (use www.imdb.com)
- Write a brief summary (Minimum 10 sentences) of the movie in your own words. Be sure to include anything in the film that you saw that relates to learning or discussion we have had in class.
- Include a typed-list of least 10 German vocabulary words that you learned while watching this film in German. Translate these words from German to English.
Turn-in your original report in your CC folder.
Enjoy the film! There are many GREAT stories out there!