Watching German Movies for Culture Credit
Below are links to suggestions of popular German films. These films can be watched for 15 points Culture Credit:
1. Check to see if your movie is acceptable with your German Teacher and your parent. If your film is rated "R" (Many foreign films are rated R and may not be appropriate for all students) YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT CONTACT FRAU (by email/note/ect) WITH PERMISSION (even if you watch a non-R rated film)!
2. Write a report about the movie you watched. This report needs to be typed/double-spaced. (You will likely need to research this film online prior to watching.) Include: The name of the film, the year it was released, length of the film, the name and nationality of the director, where it was filmed, name and nationality of at least two principal actors in the film.
3. Write a brief summary (Minimum 10 sentences) of the movie in your own words. Be sure to include anything in the film that you saw that relates to learning or discussion we have had in class.
4. Include a typed-list of least 20 German vocabulary words that you learned while watching this film in German. Translate these words from German to English.
5. Don't forget: YOU MUST INCLUDE A SIGNED NOTE OF PERMISSION from your parent/guardian. Your parents can also email me from their account stating you have permission to watch.
Enjoy the film! There are many GREAT stories out there!